I am swimming in zucchini…
So many zucchini!
and since I have a person in my house that hates zucchini, I have to come up with creative ways to get it into dinners.
Lucky for me, there is one night a week right now where I am on my own for dinner, so guess what my dinners have consisted of.
Wow, how did you guess?
I will pretty much eat it any which way, but I wanted to try something different.
Do you ever get like that?
Where you know there are a million ways you have already had something, and they were all super delicious but you just want to try and make it differently?
I think about these things all the time.
I am not sure if it is normal or not, because I feel like there are lots of people that could eat the same old thing all the time and not care.
Don’t get me wrong. I think I could pretty much eat carrots & peanut butter every day.
Not together, but separately.
Sometimes you just need to break the mold and try something different.
These zucchini fritters were just that.
They were a little different from your traditional fritter. They aren’t super crispy like a normal fritter because they aren’t fried.
But, that’s okay with me.
They are more like a zucchini….pancake.
And I mean who doesn’t love pancakes?
These were packed with flavor and I used some cheese for the first time in forever, granted it was Parmesan.
Patrick eats cheese on a regular basis, but as I have gotten older it doesn’t agree with me like it used to.
This coming from the girl who would order fried mozzarella sticks everywhere we went out to eat when I was younger.
Thanks adulthood. You’re awesome.
However, I would highly recommend these.
They would serve well as a main dish, like I had them, or as a side to something else. Or even as an appetizer for dipping.
- 1 Zucchini, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan (optional)
- Cooking Spray
- Grate your Zucchini and place it into a strainer and let it sit for about 20 minutes so that the extra liquid is gone. Take a paper towel and press the zucchini to get all the remaining liquid out.
- Place all your ingredients into a bowl and mix together. (this mixture will be wet)
- In a skillet, heat over medium heat with cooking spray. Place fritter into pan that is about 4″-5″ in diameter and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot and with whatever you like! (I had it with lettuce, tomato and salsa)