Ok, so it has literally been a month since I have posted….whatttt the heck!?
I apologize my dear friends, my priorities have changed so much this past year.
I adore my little blog here, but with things that are happening in my life, I am finding it hard to to have to time post and share my recipes.
Getting married is really a full time job by itself, not to mention the actual job that I have that I work 8 hours at and then try to get some gym time in and also you know…sleep and renovate my home.
I still love to cook and I still do a lot, but I just haven’t had time to actually take pictures of it and then make a blog post.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that there is never a shortage of food around me!
I am just amazed at how quickly this year is going already. Like amazed, it has to be because I am so busy and running around and always doing a million things.
Which is probably also why I am so tired all the time! haha
Anyways, I wanted to share this recipe with you for sweet potato chips.
I am obsessed with sweet potatoes. They are delicious!
Did you know that they have beta-carotene just like carrots?! Not all sweet potatoes are orange either, but around me the grocery stores really only carry the orange ones unless I want to go to Whole
This recipe is so easy, it is delicious and it can go with any dish really.
Patrick and I enjoyed these with some poached eggs and spinach last night, but you could enjoy them with a sandwich or a burger. Even on their own if you are needing something to snack on.
I miss all of you and I still keep up to date with all of your posts. Be patient with me as my wedding year is driving me batty! haha
- Cooking spray
- 2-3 small sweet potatoes, very thinly sliced (about .5lbs)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Thinly slice raw sweet potatoes, with the skin, with a mandolin. You want the slices to be as thin as you can possibly make them.
- Place the slices into a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Eyeball this, if a tablespoon looks like it might make the slices too greasy, do not use all of it. I think I ended up using around ¾ tablespoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Place thin sweet potato slices on the baking sheet so they do not touch and lightly salt and pepper.
- Place into the oven and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on these! Since they are so thin, they turn from crispy to burned really quickly.