Do I have your attention?
If you are anything like me, I definitely do.
I love Peanut Butter more than I could possibly say.
Literally, I think I could eat it out of the jar with a spoon…every.single.day. and be completely happy.
When I was younger, my Mom used to babysit as her profession so she always got those huge 5lb drums of Peter Pan peanut butter that you get at Sams, BJs or Costco, because she was always feeding 10 kids peanut butter. Because, let’s be honest…most kids are picky but they love peanut butter.
I used to take those huge containers and put them in my baby stroller for my dolls and walk around the house with a spoon and ask people, “do you want a sample?”.
You know like they do in big whole sale places. Ever been to ‘sample day’? Don’t ever go on a Saturday after you’ve eaten. You’ll regret it.
Pretty sure everyone hated peanut butter after those days of me stuffing their faces with spoonful after spoonful of peanut butter. Although, my Dad never turned down a spoon of peanut butter (smart man).
Needless to say, I love nut butters. Peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter…whatever kind of butter,
including butter, you want to give me?
I will gladly take it.
Is that bad? haha
Hopefully not. Sorry, I’m not sorry.
Well, I am a bit of a snob when it comes the brands I like, but that is a COMPLETELY different topic. I will say my favorite brand right now is Costco Natural Peanut Butter.
It is actually the Kirkland brand and I am digging it. Some Natural peanut butters Patrick won’t eat because there are still pretty large chunks of peanuts in it.
This brand, is completely smooth. So it satisfies both of us 🙂
Anyways, these peanut butter cookies are moist, super easy to make and completely satisfying.
I used crunchy peanut butter for this recipe, but creamy would work just as good.
I would NOT recommend using natural peanut butter in baked goods. A lot of no bake recipes can use natural just fine. However, I find in most of my cookie recipes that going with something like Peter Pan or Planters works the best.
But, use whatever your favorite peanut butter is…
and then double this batch…
because I guarantee they will be gone before you can say PEANUT!
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (I would not advise using Natural)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place salt and egg white in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until white is frothy.
- Add peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and chocolate chips, stirring to combine.
- Divide dough into 20 equal portions (about 1 tablespoon each).
- Arrange dough 2″ apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Gently press the top of each cookie with a fork; press the top of each cookie again to form a crisscross pattern and flatten to a 2-inch diameter. I had to use water to keep the fork clean, was a very sticky dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- NOTE: If you find your dough too sticky, add in some Almond Flour. I added in about 2 tablespoons and it helped pull everything together!