Ok, so these…are amazing.
I totally stole the idea from Laura & Kammie from this post Red Velvet Protein Bars.
I am always looking for new ways to make protein filled snacks. I have been working out a lot lately and I have been really loving it, but I have learned that my body NEEDS protein.
That was a large problem before for me with not seeing any results and not seeing inches go away. Once I started eating more lean protein? The results were astonishing.
So clearly I am going to continue with that trend and eat lots and lots of protein.
But, you know there is only so much chicken and fish you can eat right?
I know, I know…there are other proteins besides chicken and fish. I am just being facetious. Work with me, k?
I do like to have the added benefit of protein in my sweets though. I have developed a couple different recipes that are amazing. Now I can add this one to it!
Thank you Laura and Kammie! These things are awesome!
- 1/4 cup Organic, Raw, Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup Organic, Raw, Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon Almond Meal/Flour
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 Cup dark at least 60% cocoa chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Add the protein powders and almond meal into a bowl and whisk together. Add in milk and almond butter and use a fork to mix together until the protein is fully incorporated. I found the dough to be fine with these measurements, however if it is still too liquid, add more protein.
- This batter is meant to be thick, shape it into 8 balls. Then press them into the shape of a bar and place them onto a wax paper lined plate or cookie sheet and place into the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave or on the stove and once it’s melted dip the bars into the chocolate to coat.
- I sprinkled half the bars with chopped walnuts and left the others plain.
- Place the bars into the freezer to flash freeze the outer shells and then place into the fridge for at least an hour.
- Remove from fridge and enjoy!