Can you believe that?! I cannot believe that I have been blogging for 3 years.
So many recipes, so many new friends, so many opportunities.
I would never have thought 3 years ago that the blog would become such a big part of my life but it has.
People that I never would have thought of paying attention to things like a food blog, talk to me about my recipes or about the content that I write about. Just wow!
Throughout the 3 years I have been amazed at the interest, support and overall love I have gotten with this blog.
I wanted to share with you guys some of the things I have learned, seen and dealt with over the past few years. If someone would have told me 4 years ago that I would have a blog, I would have laughed at them.
Now? I can’t imagine now having it.
Here are 10 things I have learned about myself and about food blogging over the past 3 years:
- If you blog, do it because you love it. Don’t do it for money or for others. Blogging has to be for YOU and no one else.
- You will be dubbed as the person who “always has a good recipe for ____”. Food blog #FTW.
- The food blogging community is ENORMOUS but it feels like you know them all personally. Each and every one.
- I LOVE cooking! I knew I loved it before, but I have become so much more adventurous and I have a recipe “to make” list a mile long of all the recipes I want to try.
- I have become a complete foodie. I admit it.
- Being picky is not a bad thing. Embrace it.
- Shamelessly taking pictures of my food has become common practice. Family, friends and strangers have seen me do it and it probably won’t stop any time soon.
- You start to use your own blog as a cookbook. “I think I made that once…. ::hits search button:”.
- Ask your Mom how to make things from your childhood. You won’t regret it.
- Give credit where it is deserved.
Those are only a few things that I have learned over the years, but good things I think.
Thank you all for being a part of my blogging journey! Some of you I have known since the very beginning of my blogging and I am so glad to get to know all of you and keep in touch so regularly.
So in honor of the blog, grab a muffin and enjoy!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- Cooking Spray
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, lemon rind, salt, and nutmeg. Stir together with a whisk and make a well in the center.
- Combine the zucchini, milk, oil and egg and stir well. Add to the flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack.