OK, so did everyone hear about this massive storm the Northeast is supposed to at the end of this week?
Now, I love me some snow…believe me.
People think I am insane but I love snow.
The part that I don’t like is the commute when there is snow.
I love the Northeast…
but I hate New England drivers.
I have had my fair share of bad driver states. First it was in Kansas City and we always used to yell at the bad drives, “GO BACK TO MISSOURI!”…clearly I was from the Kansas side of KC haha.
Then in Philly, “GO BACK TO NEW JERSEY!!”
In New England, “UGGGHHH, people suck here!” haha.
I mean forreals people.
Let’s review some driving rules shall we?
- DO NOT pull out in front of me when I am going 45 miles an hour and there is less than one car length ahead of you and I…AND there is no one behind me. (I have had an accident because of someone pulling out in front of me this way)
- DO NOT drive 15mph on a road that has a speed limit of 65mph. Just stay home.
- DO NOT text and drive. PERIOD.
- DO NOT change lanes doing 90mph with less than a car length in front of my car and the car ahead of me, and expect me to let you merge. Move to the back bozo.
- And on that note….DO NOT try and speed up on the merge lane and then cut over when there is stopped traffic. What are you going to gain? Getting ahead of 3 cars to be stopped in front of them?
- LASTLY, LEARN HOW TO MERGE! HOOLLLY COW. People on the highway you DO NOT yield to those coming onto the on ramp. They merge to the moving traffic!
OK….end rant. haha
Bring on the snow! 🙂
Today I am sharing with a classic that I think everyone has had or been exposed to at least once in their lifetime. However, mine has a healthier twist to it.
Lets talk Hot Dogs shall we?
I have never really been a HUGE fan of hot dogs. Greasy, fattening, and made of whatever is leftover from all sorts of animals. Gina, told me once when I was very little that they were made of chicken feet and pig snout and I didn’t eat a hot dog for a good 5 years.
Anyways, my love for hot dogs has however changed.
Because my family found these:
97% fat free, 60 calories for one hot dog, 1.5g of fat, gluten free, diary free and soy free. Now, I know that there is a craze that says that you shouldn’t eat fat free things because they are FULL of weird ingredients.
(I am sorry for anyone who is on Weight Watchers that eats the food they sell, that is NOT food)
I agree, completely. However, if I am going to eat a hot dog? It is going to be one of these.
I swear you cannot taste the difference. The only thing I can tell a difference on is the grease. There is none.
Grease is so so gross to me on things like this. Hot dogs and brats, I have to have them blackened so there is no grease haha.
Anyways the reason we are talking about hot dogs is because I made pigs in a blanket and used these for it. Less calories and less fat = less guilt.
Recipe inspired by Cooking Light.
- 1 package Gourmet lite Beef Franks
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Crescent rolls
- BBQ sauce
Preheat your oven to 375°
Take your hot dogs and cut each one into 4 pieces. This way it will be more like the traditional pigs in a blanket just a little bigger in diameter hot dog.
Cut each one of the triangles that comes out of the Pillsbury Crescent roll package and cut that into 4 strips. You may have to adjust them.
They are pretty easy to work with, so just kind of make them to fit.
Roll each 4th of a hot dog in a 4th of the dough and place onto a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
No cooking spray is needed.
Cook for about 10-12 minutes, depending on how brown you like the rolls.
Serve with any dipping sauce you like and enjoy!!
After my modifications, I think the calories would be about 45 each with less than 2g of fat.
Not too shabby eh?!
Enjoy my dears!